Parents' Night Out - Monthly nights out for parents. These events are held at different restaurants in and around the San Antonio area. Dates, times and locations are published in the monthly newsletter. SAAMOM offers the following Parent's Nights Out:
- Mom's Night Out
- Dad's Night Out
- Family Fun Day Out
Parties and Events - Offered for members and their families. SAAMOM offers the following parties and events:
- Member's Appreciation Dinner - Held in May in lieu of monthly meeting.
- Summer Family Picnic - Held in June or July at a local park.
- Children's Harvest Party - Held in Fall.
- MoM Prom - Held in Winter.
* Please note: Dates, times, and locations of each SAAMOM sponsored event are published in the monthly newsletters and placed on the monthly calendars prior to each event.
Children's Clothing and Equipment Sale - Twice a year (Fall and Spring) members sell and purchase gently used clothing and equipment ranging from toys to cribs and strollers. Once members have had the opportunity to shop the sale is then open to the public.
Support Programs - A variety of support programs for expectant and new mothers of multiples in addition to ongoing support for members through the growing years. SAAMOM offers the following support programs:
- Mom2Mom- Support for expectant and new mothers of multiples through the first year.
- NICU Support - Support for families whose children are in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit better known as the NICU.
- Bereavement - Support for families who have experienced a loss or other significant life event.
Conventions - Annual conventions are sponsored by both the Texas Mothers of Multiples (TMOM) and National Organization of Mothers of Twins Clubs (NOMOTC).
- TMOM Convention - Each year a different mothers of multiples organization from all over Texas host the TMOM Convention. A themed weekend of activities is planned. Approximately 300 mother's of multiples attend convention to elect new state officers as well as meet new friends. Workshops and speakers on the specific topics of multiples is always a big attraction. There are also skits, prepared meals, special “twin” and “triplet” items for sale, and entertainment. A weekend away not to relax, but to build memories and friendships. Visit www.tmom.info for more details.
- NOMOTC Convention - Each year NOMOTC members from all over the country gather for the annual meeting and convention. In addition to taking care of business for this national organization, this event offers camaraderie and bonding with other mothers of multiples from all over. Convention attendees have an opportunity to hear expert speakers and attend special workshops on a variety of subjects which offer assistance to clubs and individuals. Visit www.nomotc.org for more details.